Allll by myse~elf. Don't wanna be~~All by myself~anymore....
One is the loneliest number...hmm hmm hmmmm hmm hmm hmmmmmm I don't know how the song goes.....
So today is my day off. Rubster went to NY (hopefully) and I'm all alone. MY OWN MAN. I think to myself "Self, let's play source and skype it up with Lawr and Yong." NO. Lawr won't respond even when I entice him with promises of gay porn and phallic cake. I'm all by myself. And it sucks.
Let me start where I left off. When last we left our heroes and heroin....(yes I know there's an "e" in heroines, it's a bad pun)...I was talking about my job. I can't get into the funny names online because it probably violates attorney-client privilege, or at the very least it's frown upon to laugh at your clients. Even if you're not a lawyer (pre-empting Yong, Lawr, seong). Still, the office antics (not generated by us, btw) never cease to make this job interesting. I really enjoy this job, about 10x more than I thought I would. My last job at the IP firm and at the white collar criminal firm was just paper-pushing and boring-ass clerk stuff. Maybe this is more interesting because the people are more lively. I think it may be the phone contact, I really enjoy it. DON'T ASK WHY B/C I DUNNO (Cue lawr and yong to ask why). Yes I realize that's a receptionist's job, but dealing with the people is actually not bad. I become infinitely more patient with strangers, I suppose. Although some are just jerks and I put those mofos on hold indefinitely. Get some water, shuffle papers. File an appeal. Submit med recs. "Oh I'm sorry so-and-so is unavailable. I'll direct you to voicemail (because you're a prick)" There was really only one guy and he kept insisting I put him through to an attorney he swears called him, even though she's been out the past two days. Riiight.
The most annoying part is when people get names wrong. "Let me talk to Jerry. (there's no jerry in our office, ma'am). Oh, I meant Terry. (No dice on that one, either). Ok ok...let me call you back. I need to check the name again. Is there a Carrie? (No, no carrie. Get the name and get back to me, please)." 5 min later: "Is there a Sarry?" "..." "do you mean...Sarah?" "OH YES let me speak to Sarah." "There are 5 in our office. WHICH ONE?!"
And on it goes. Or someone will demand to speak only with the Intake Lawyer and nobody else, even though their case is now in our department (case management) and they have to speak to a paralegal. What they don't realize is that the CMs are the ones who take care of your case and know the most about it, ok? The attorney reads OUR notes and OUR work and then he goes to court with that. Believe me, you wanna talk to us. It's a pain because it's a lengthy process getting info from these people. Like they don't trust the firm. I'm trying to help YOU, ok, so gimme the damn info so I can direct your call, nobody speaks to the attorneys. And even worse, people start giving me their autobiographies before I can even say anything, and then they want me to somehow fix the problem. Ma'am, I don't even know who you are! I can't help without a name!
Still, the job's always interesting. I like it a lot.
Also saw 300 with the Ng Dynasty and Rubster. Not a bad movie, but too many "wtf" moments where they threw in unnecessary scenes. Fighting was fantastic, though. GO SPARTANS! They really know their phalanx. Seriously. Also, the best part about having a small girlfriend? Kid's pack is only $5.50, get a small popcorn, small drink, small candy, and some stuff to scribble on so she'll keep quiet, muwahahah. Meanwhile my drink and candy cost almost 2x as much. BITCHES in the theater....
Rubster's flight was at 10:25am, but then right before take-off some dumbass stewardess says she has to get off, tried to pop open the door and BREAKS the damn thing. I dunno, she was the she-hulk about to hulk out. WHO KNOWS but the important fact here is that Rubster waited 2 hours on the plane, then another 2 hours, and may be in the air now (I believe so). DAYAMN that sucks. Rubster also said she thinks the stewardess got her ass fired, they yanked her off the plane. AHAHAHAHA. Also, they had to wait an hour to get a part for the door from O'Hare, which is friggen far far away...That is t3h suxx0r!
Hrm, what else? Oh yeah, everyone who's played Wii instantly loves it. There's always the initial resistance, but not after 1 game! GO WII! I just want better party games. Seriously. And 2 more wii-motes and 2 more nunchuks. Need some damn rechargeables, too. Maybe wii-mote skins. DAMN their accessorizing. They know my weakness!
Mario Party 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Super Mario Galaxy. OH HOW I AWAIT THEE!!!
P.S. New Super Mario Bros. Minigame of whack-a-mole: 86 BAYBEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! Even though I got 82 this morning with a bunch of 80's and 77's, and then turned it off without returning to the main screen WHICH DELETED IT ZOMG ARGHHHH I managed to bring my A-game and get it back, yo. Better, even.
That's all, sorry for the long post. Nobody reads this anyway, lol!
So today is my day off. Rubster went to NY (hopefully) and I'm all alone. MY OWN MAN. I think to myself "Self, let's play source and skype it up with Lawr and Yong." NO. Lawr won't respond even when I entice him with promises of gay porn and phallic cake. I'm all by myself. And it sucks.
Let me start where I left off. When last we left our heroes and heroin....(yes I know there's an "e" in heroines, it's a bad pun)...I was talking about my job. I can't get into the funny names online because it probably violates attorney-client privilege, or at the very least it's frown upon to laugh at your clients. Even if you're not a lawyer (pre-empting Yong, Lawr, seong). Still, the office antics (not generated by us, btw) never cease to make this job interesting. I really enjoy this job, about 10x more than I thought I would. My last job at the IP firm and at the white collar criminal firm was just paper-pushing and boring-ass clerk stuff. Maybe this is more interesting because the people are more lively. I think it may be the phone contact, I really enjoy it. DON'T ASK WHY B/C I DUNNO (Cue lawr and yong to ask why). Yes I realize that's a receptionist's job, but dealing with the people is actually not bad. I become infinitely more patient with strangers, I suppose. Although some are just jerks and I put those mofos on hold indefinitely. Get some water, shuffle papers. File an appeal. Submit med recs. "Oh I'm sorry so-and-so is unavailable. I'll direct you to voicemail (because you're a prick)" There was really only one guy and he kept insisting I put him through to an attorney he swears called him, even though she's been out the past two days. Riiight.
The most annoying part is when people get names wrong. "Let me talk to Jerry. (there's no jerry in our office, ma'am). Oh, I meant Terry. (No dice on that one, either). Ok ok...let me call you back. I need to check the name again. Is there a Carrie? (No, no carrie. Get the name and get back to me, please)." 5 min later: "Is there a Sarry?" "..." "do you mean...Sarah?" "OH YES let me speak to Sarah." "There are 5 in our office. WHICH ONE?!"
And on it goes. Or someone will demand to speak only with the Intake Lawyer and nobody else, even though their case is now in our department (case management) and they have to speak to a paralegal. What they don't realize is that the CMs are the ones who take care of your case and know the most about it, ok? The attorney reads OUR notes and OUR work and then he goes to court with that. Believe me, you wanna talk to us. It's a pain because it's a lengthy process getting info from these people. Like they don't trust the firm. I'm trying to help YOU, ok, so gimme the damn info so I can direct your call, nobody speaks to the attorneys. And even worse, people start giving me their autobiographies before I can even say anything, and then they want me to somehow fix the problem. Ma'am, I don't even know who you are! I can't help without a name!
Still, the job's always interesting. I like it a lot.
Also saw 300 with the Ng Dynasty and Rubster. Not a bad movie, but too many "wtf" moments where they threw in unnecessary scenes. Fighting was fantastic, though. GO SPARTANS! They really know their phalanx. Seriously. Also, the best part about having a small girlfriend? Kid's pack is only $5.50, get a small popcorn, small drink, small candy, and some stuff to scribble on so she'll keep quiet, muwahahah. Meanwhile my drink and candy cost almost 2x as much. BITCHES in the theater....
Rubster's flight was at 10:25am, but then right before take-off some dumbass stewardess says she has to get off, tried to pop open the door and BREAKS the damn thing. I dunno, she was the she-hulk about to hulk out. WHO KNOWS but the important fact here is that Rubster waited 2 hours on the plane, then another 2 hours, and may be in the air now (I believe so). DAYAMN that sucks. Rubster also said she thinks the stewardess got her ass fired, they yanked her off the plane. AHAHAHAHA. Also, they had to wait an hour to get a part for the door from O'Hare, which is friggen far far away...That is t3h suxx0r!
Hrm, what else? Oh yeah, everyone who's played Wii instantly loves it. There's always the initial resistance, but not after 1 game! GO WII! I just want better party games. Seriously. And 2 more wii-motes and 2 more nunchuks. Need some damn rechargeables, too. Maybe wii-mote skins. DAMN their accessorizing. They know my weakness!
Mario Party 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Super Mario Galaxy. OH HOW I AWAIT THEE!!!
P.S. New Super Mario Bros. Minigame of whack-a-mole: 86 BAYBEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! Even though I got 82 this morning with a bunch of 80's and 77's, and then turned it off without returning to the main screen WHICH DELETED IT ZOMG ARGHHHH I managed to bring my A-game and get it back, yo. Better, even.
That's all, sorry for the long post. Nobody reads this anyway, lol!

3 Comments:
HEY I FINALLY READ YOUR BLOG! And I got your comment like 3 weeks late on my blog!
*cue. WHY WHY WHY!?
The loneliest song is definitely, LeeAnn Rimes. HOW DO I~(dramatic sigh), GET THROUGH ONE NIGHT WITHOUT YOU~. IF I HAD TO LIVE WITHOUT YOU~. laahh dee dah~. Dont make me upload it again! :D
Sorry about the guerrilla post mishap mate. Wot wot. Cheerio chap. Top of the mornin' to ya!
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dear Justin,
I secretly read and enjoy your blog.
Please update.
Love,
Brenden
Post a Comment
<< Home