For Brenden

I still shudder in fear at html. I won't mention a conversation Seong and I had about it, it's....just embarrassing. But yes, he "expects great things" so here I am....
Read Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus and also 2 books of the Alvin Maker series. The Seventh Son and The Red Prophet. Very cool books. I recommend Pastwatch to ANYONE who has even a bit of like for Sci-fi, because it's mostly about the past, not really about huge sci-fi geeky stuff. The other two are more fantastical, but Orson Scott Card really weaves one helluva yarn...I mean, DAMN.
Just got back from Florida and it was DAMN NICE to sit around. I mean, I didn't pick my nose all day, I had to "fix" everything that was "Broken" in the house. Let's see, dad somehow managed to remove every button on the toolbar for safari. As in, he had only the address bar on his browser, god knows how. He somehow removed the e-mail app from his dock, he somehow deleted about 4 bookmarks....the list was long and extensive. For mom...I taught her how to store numbers in her phone. It's like teaching children, only I think children could figure it out on their own....
Had to look for a new set of home theater speakers cuz dad wanted to put his brand new plasma TV to good use. I introduced him to Froogle. He likes it.
My sister got a watch (well my mom bought the watch in Korea) and LO AND BEHOLD the instructions were in Korean. Did my native korean parents help her? Yes, they read the instructions, decided they couldn't help her, and waited till I got home. Sigh.
Filial piety. Wutta beeeyotch.
Still, I can't say I hate it. I mean, it's certainly not my first choice of activity, but going home was damn nice. Not like, going home getting laundry done. Which, I don't. But, this was like really recharging my batteries and getting all familial again. I dunno, some people bitch about going home, some people hate doing stuff for their parents....but I'm ok with it. Now, whether or not this has to do with the multitudes of savings that have me set as the person to pay on death, I have no idea. Might be dad's huge life-insurance policy with me as half the beneficiaries. WHO KNOWS? But really, it doesn't bother me to help my parents with stuff because....well, I figure they've done enough for me, neh?
I'm on a quest for a very cool pic of me. I see cool facebook pics, and realize most of my pics are of other people. I don't really lend out my camera, so this might be the case. But then, I have my 2 solid poses. Smile like I have vaseline on my teeth, or do the fob pose. Sometimes I try to look gangsta, but it's like trying to make lawrence make a decision without calling his second youngest sister. Just....doesn't happen. I have seen cool pics of a friend bungee jumping, another friend in the middle of break-dancing. What is my cool skill that I can showcase with my awesome photography skills?!
I realized, then, that I have no awesome skills. Action shots of me losing at starcraft on my computer are not cool! Losing at super smash brothers melee against brenden: another action shot that isn't quite....action. I'm not even really stellar at all the stuff I do. Action shot of me being witty and sarcastic????
[insert picture of me talking]
I'm now on a quest to find my special skill. I refuse to accept sarcasm and the well-placed barbed insult as my special skill. Whatever it takes!
*shackles of laziness bind him*
Um...yeah. There is that small problem. I also think I'm just not a very graceful person. Some people are born athletes and move with fluid motion. I think my motion, if we think in terms of fluids, etc....would be solid. As in blocky and clumsy.
So, what to do, what to do....Ok, someone post a comment about my special talent. Or something. Get a picture! Even better... My quest to show everyone from high school that I didn't just get paler and less muscular from all the atrophied swimming muscles continues....I feel like I haven't accomplished much in college. Except my awesome waste of time technique! Unparalleled.....
I also overuse ellipses....do I care? Hrm.....I can't think of a reason to....
Lol. Can't break me of my habits. Ask the Rubster. I wonder what the future holds for me? Maybe I'll go crazy and actually take up an awesome special skill. And one day, you'll all look back on this post and go "Yep, that's when he decided. That's when the world changed..."
*Seong goes back and erases that moment*
Yes, Seong...you WOULD.
--JW

1 Comments:
Omguh how are you so self unaware that you don't realize your own skill? Justin, from the moment we met, you were "that guy." Who's that guy? That's the guy that can have two of his friends over, not study for a Korean test all night, then wake up an hour early the next morning and ace it. I HATE that guy. I used to BE that guy when I was younger, but now to pull grades I have to study my ass off. If I could swap my Smash skills for your "that guy" skills, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Post a Comment
<< Home